I've been updating quite a bit this week. It's mostly due to me feeling bad about getting a decent number of hits for what little content I have. Nobody should feel neglected. Especially not from a blog.
I haven't really found a direction for where this blog would go, even though initially, I wanted to dabble in a broad spectrum of topic to see if any one of them reaches out to me. At the very start, I wanted it to be a place people can come to be inspired, but it's regretfully not at all useful (seeing that there are countless great places to find them -- e.g., pinterest). I went ahead and tried writing about my critical views on random topic, but it's becoming apparent that I don't actually enjoy doing it. So my next step was highlighting various happenings around me. And that fell out of favour due to me leading a rather mundane and boring life. orz
So where am I going to take this blog next? Well, I am a designer, so I should do something design related. But that would require me to be a practicing designer -- to which I am not. I am quickly becoming education-oriented with the Master's program and TA'ing, so I could try picking up personal projects and go through a step-by-step process on what it took to get from concept to final product. I've always been fond of online tutorials and the process photos/drawings for topics not often covered. And the students I've been TA'ing have pointed out that they would like to have some demonstrations on becoming a better designer, outside of the school's teachings.
If that's where the blog is heading, I think I'll be satisfied. Perhaps continuing the controversial rants about design would be interesting for people to start thinking critically about the world. Or grab interesting resources from the internet to help create more creatives. As long as the underlying principle is education, I think this type of blog might just work.
I will revamp the site in the next coming weeks. A list of to-do's:
*UPDATE: 7 October 2016*
*UPDATE: 6 October 2016*
• Collect the categories that does not meet the new criteria into "Drivel"
• Get rid of content I didn't create, and replace them with my own stuffs
• Make a manifesto of the blog and post it somewhere visible
• Change the name to something better
• Figure out few (3?) projects to document from start to finish
• Make a blog update schedule and have enough content on stand-by
• Bump the content of each post to have a minimum of 500 words
• Include some type of visual to keep the readers engaged
• Start writing like I usually do, because serious is downright boring
• Try to keep this blog relatively SFW and PG
And this will only be the start.